Friday, August 21, 2009

Welcome to Thunderstruck 2009!


Welcome back. I'm looking forward to pounding on all of your teams this season, after the buttrape I got last year.

Changes to the league from 2008:

  • I removed 1 RB and 1 WR starting slot, and replaced them with a second RB/WR slot and a WR/TE slot. This means you can play 1 RB and 4 WR, if you hate winning. Or you can play 2 TEs, if your draft sucks that much. You're still limited to 4 RBs, 4 WRs, and 2 TEs on your roster. Why? Because I said so.
  • After the draft, you can only pick up 7 players from FA/Waivers during the season. After that, you have to trade. I'm trying to force people to trade here. Last year, the limit was 15, and there were still no trades. The most anybody moved was 11, and the average was less than 5 (less than 7 if you throw out the 3 people who didn't make any moves). This means you might have to have somebody else pick up a player then you can trade for them.
  • I'm doing a quick poll: auction draft or regular draft? I like the auction format, which we used last year. I think it's fair and it keeps everyone interested for the first few rounds, instead of making a pick then leaving and missing your next one. Take the poll to the right.
  • After a couple of successful years, the divisions have been re-organized. This year's theme is now Alien vs. Predator, and the divisions are going to be mixed up.
  • The playoffs have been extended to 4 weeks, and all 12 teams will be in this year. The top 4 teams get a bye in playoff week 1.

In closing,

I hope all the bad things in life happen to you, and nobody else but you.

No comments:

Post a Comment